Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Dolls

Today I wanted to show you a new card that I have made using one of the digital stamps called The Dolls. It is a great image that can be used for almost any type of card.


I printed the image on white cardstock and started coloring it with my Copic Markers. I didn't really know what kind of papers I was going to use for the card so I didn't have any particular color scheme in mind then coloring.

When I was done coloring I cut the image out with my scissor and started thinking about how to make the card. 

I used a reddish cadstock for my base and then an old paper from what I think might be My Minds Eye. I made a simple backgrund for the image and placed it onto the card base. I realized that the image would be to big for the card so I cut it apart and placed one of the girls in front of the others instead of to the side. I used foam squares to make her stand out a little more.

For the sentiment I just cut a strip of patterned paper and cardstock and stamped a greeting.

Ofcourse I used some stickles to give the image some sparkle too :)

Hope you like the card.

 

Feel free to visit my personal blog for more cards made by me.

/Erika

4 comments:

  1. Love your work Erika..... such a great card, thank you for sharing with us....

    xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. interactive dolls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job! American Girls Dolls

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs